Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday's Update

Man can not live on bread alone and in Jim's case it's hospital food!! Jim dined on his favorite dish from his favorite Chinese restaurant this evening. He is doing very well and continues to eat and grow stronger each day. He had several stitches removed today but all of his staples are still in. Jim is very tired during the day. He is not resting well at night because the ICU is not a quiet place and he is now very aware of his surroundings. His hips are sore as well from lying down for such a long time.
We are remaining hopeful Jim will continue to heal as quickly as he has. He is looking forward to being able to go home to sleep in his own bed! Thank you for your prayers!

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

3 comments:

  1. Dear God,
    I thank you again for Jim and his family. What a blessing to be a part of their lives. Lord I thank you for the many blessings you have given Jim and for us being able to witness those blessings. God I thank you for getting him through the 14 critical days the doctors have been telling his family about. I thank you for giving the doctors the frame of mind to wait until Monday to increase the pressure. I am sure that was from you and there was a reason behind it. I just thank you again for the doctors to have that wisdom, knowledge and discernment needed to carry out your work on Jim. Lord I thank you for him being the fighter that he is, and ask you to be with him again as he battles the results of being in bed so long. Lord I thank you for giving Jim back his appetite, and for allowing him to eat from his favorite restaurant. God I ask you to continue to bless him, his family and to be with them as they fight the remaining battles needed to get Jim back to normal. Lord I ask a double blessing on him. He is a leader, he has glorified you in all of this ,and he continue to want to be used for your purpose and your glory Lord. God I thank you for the service today and ask you to be with Jim. I am sure you have him where you need him to do your work right now, and I ask you to be with the rest of us as we patiently await the blessing of being re-united with our brother and friend as we lift your name in church services.
    Thank you for everything Lord, we are truly blessed to even be called yours.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you had Szechuan without me! I guess I'll allow it just this once :) Whatever gets you growing stronger. Praise God!
    -Chad H

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEAVENLY FATHER,

    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PROGRESS IN JIM'S LIFE. YOU ARE HIS STRONG HOLD. IT MUST BE HARD FOR JIM TO SLEEP WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON AROUND HIM. PLEASE GIVE HIM PEACE & COMFORT SO HE WILL HAVE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP. KEEP CHAR & HIS FAMILY STRONG & ENCOURAGED. KNOWING YOU LOVE THEM VERY MUCH. CONTINUE TO HEAL JIM COMPLETLY.

    IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

    YOUR SISTER IN CHRIST,

    JULIE HOYT-KESSLER

    ReplyDelete