Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First day Home!

Jim was VERY happy to sleep in his own bed last night. He's only sleeping a few hours at a time trying to retrain the bladder so his level of exhaustion is still very high. He gets pills every 12 hours and IV meds every six hours so unfortunately we are waking him alot during the day to administer those.

He had an egg, bacon, hash browns, toast, coffee and juice this morning and seemed to enjoy it but we know that the antibiotics are altering his taste buds. After breakfast, he showered and that took alot out of him. The Home Care Nurse showed up this morning and approved how we are caring and administering meds thru the IV, so we were happy about that. We are hoping to get the stitches out of his head tomorrow when they draw blood to check all the levels and kidney function.

3 comments:

  1. MMMMM Jim, I want your breakfast... all I had was a bowl of froot loops.. LOL.

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the last three posts, I sat here not really amazed at my God, but thankful. I wept for my brother and his family. I wept because I love my God and He is AMAZING. I wept because He loves us so much. Jim, I love you and will continue to pray for you and your family. However I find myself at a loss for words to describe the feelings running through me. Yes He is Awesome, Yes He is wonderful, Yes He is our Dad, but wow....Undescribable....My body cannot contain the joy, the awe I feel, with tears flowing, I love you Jim and am thankful for you, Jehovah Jireh....I love you!!

    ReplyDelete